Try this happiness hack for one week: When your alarm wakes you, hit snooze but instead of going back to sleep, make a mental list of gratitudes or pride points. Indulging in a moment to take stock of your awesome-ness can set a positive tone for the entire day. Here’s what I came up with today:
- I am 100% brilliant for making cold brew coffee last night.
- I think I’m the first person in the entire world to wake up today, that means I WIN!
- I am proud that I have a deep connection with my daughters and that we share secrets, fears, wildest dreams and hoodies with each other.
- I cannot wait to get to work, I love my job and the people I get to work with are fun and exciting.
- I am grateful for my family and for friends that feel like family.
- YESSSSSS!! My abs still show. : )
This is just one of a gazillion mindful living practices that can make what is happening right in our lives have more weight than inevitable irritations and challenges.
Give it a try and let me know how you do!